MMR stands for Match Making Rating, in Dota 2 it shows the progress of your Ranked matches and defines you as a beginner, moderate or professional player.
To see your Dota 2 MMR check the following step by step guide:
How to see your MMR in Dota 2:
- Run Dota 2 and click on your profile.
- Click on the “stats” option of the profile menu.
- A new page will appear. On the right side of the page, you will find solo and party MMR, these numbers describe your rankings for solo and team queues.
How to see your Role Based Support and Core Dota 2 MMR?
Update: Along with the new role selection, in Dota 2 you can now see Core MMR and Support MMR, which is also called Role Based MMR.
It shows how you perform with core heroes: Dota 2 Core MMR and how you perform with support heroes: Dota 2 Support MMR.
How can I see my MMR Rank Role Performance/Handicap?
In march 2020, Valve released the single mmr rank with role performances.
To see the performance of each Dota 2 role, players can track their current role adjustments in the role queue menu. Just click on “Play Dota” and on the the “Role Queue” menu. This will display your current role handicaps.
Top MMR Guides for more Details:
Why are there different Dota 2 MMR parameters?
For Solo & Party MMR:
Dota 2 players have two options to play Dota 2 matches: Solo or party matches, the same concept is applied to the MMR as well.
The solo MMR indicates the overall solo matchmaking progress, and Party MMR shows the overall Party match-making progress. The higher MMR in each category shows where you performed better. The good thing is that the medal in your profile will always represent your better MMR value. 😉
For Core & Support MMR:
Dota 2 has invented the core and support MMR for several reasons, one is, of course, to show if a specific player is a good supporter or a good core that can carry the game. Often support players are not able to carry the game and win the match, so they should stick to the support role. And on the other hand, good carries are often bad supports, this new separation of role-based MMR will make it easier to define the roles and picks for well balanced Dota 2 matches.
For Single Ranks with Role Handicaps:
In this method only one MMR rank is connected to a Dota 2 player account. But on top of that each of the 5 roles has a different skill-level or handicap. It depends on your performance with these heroes and roles. If you play good you get matched with higher skilled players, if you play bad inside a role you will get matched with less skilled players.
Is it possible to make MMR public?
No, not anymore. Before Patch 7.07 Dota 2 had a profile option make the MMR public.
Now the Dota 2 ranking medal is representing the skill level of a player.
But below that you can show two more values, MMR is just not an option anymore but could be someday again.
To change these two values follow these steps:
How can I change my Profile Numbers in Dota 2?
- Click on your Dota 2 profile
- Click the Edit Profile button (at the bottom left).
- Right next to your rank medal you will see two boxes.
- Click on a box, and a drag down will appear.
- Before 7.07 that drag down contains the MMR of the player but not anymore. It currently has seven options.
Allowed Dota 2 Profile Values:
- None (Show Nothing)
- Time of First Match
- Previous Medal
- Match MVPs
Dota 2 MMR Privacy: Is it possible to hide your Medal/Rank?
No, it is not possible to hide your Medal, because your Medal indicates your gameplay and professional behavior (if you are not an account buyer).
Your MMR is already hidden – but with a hidden Dota 2 Medal your teammates and enemies would not be able to identify your skill level and no one would know the strengthens of single players and who could be the captain in the team.
Note: Maybe Valve 2 will add a Dota 2 Medal Privacy Function in the Future, but right now it’s not possible and not recommended as well as it allows better communication and game understanding when playing matches.
How to see your MMR on DotaBuff?
DotaBuff is an online platform on which a player can check all of its Dota 2 statistics.
Dota 2 Data you can check:
- Win rate & win streaks.
- Lose rate & lose streaks.
- Highest win rate with a hero.
- Highest losing rate with a hero.
- Overall best hero.
- Overall worst hero.
- Best ranked matches.
- Highest MMR.
Dota 2 player mostly use it to track their match history and overall MMR trend.
However, after Dota 2 Patch 7.07 players cannot track their highest MMR anymore because requires more authorizations.
How can I allow DotaBuff to see my MMR?
- Login with your Steam account on DotaBuff.
- In your profile in one of the two boxes, you have to add your MMR. (It cannot be done now because of updates by Valve).
- Go the Dota 2 settings.
- Click on Options and then Advanced Settings.
- In the Expose section, check the Expose Public Match Data.
- Go back to the DotaBuff Website and click on settings.
- You will find “my profile” and “MMR tracking”.
- Before patch 7.07 players had to click on the MMR tracking and a complete MMR Graph appears.
- Update: After patch 7.07 “unable to communicate with Steam” appears.
Conclusion – What is your MMR?
Do you have the MMR that you deserve? What is your MMR and how many games have you played? Let us know in the comments! 😉
Also checkout the Dota 2 MMR Calibration guide!